Wednesday 28 March 2012

Monday 26 March 2012 - Day 4 to Fitness

Well Today was a good day and the start of a new week. I weighed myself after my bad choices of food last week and weighed in at 291.6 lbs, which is good considering some of the "not so desirable" food I ate. To be honest though, I was expecting this. Remember in my first post I said that I actually did have some solid nutritional knowledge, but that I just hadn't applied it to myself?! You see to loose weight, all you need is a calorie deficit in your diet. That means that you are burning more calories than you are eating. And it is as simple as that to lose weight. Well not quite as simple as just that for someone like me, because I want to hold onto as much muscle tissue as possible. I'll go into more detail in an up and coming post but the principals are to just ensure you eat less calories than your body needs, and ensure you get enough protein in your diet to sustain muscle tissue.

Training today consisted of a 45 minute fast paced walk followed by a CrossFit workout.

3 rounds with no rest in between sets, so a straight through run of

21 - 15 - 9 reps of
97.5kg Squats
12kg Kettlebell Swings

After this workout my legs were like jelly. A good feeling in the sense that I knew they'd been worked hard!!

Diet wise was good. I had my planned meals, although today was slightly different in that I start a run of three night shifts tonight. What I do is eat my planned food like normal until 15:00hrs when I go to sleep until 18:00 then I start my meals again beginning with breakfast. Today was a little different as I didn't get my 3 hours sleep before starting night, but the meal frequency and principals remained the same.

I'll be doing "official" weigh in's and picture every 1 or 2 weeks depending on how busy I am with work, but my next weigh in and pictures will be on Sunday 1 April (no joke!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment