Sunday 25 March 2012

Friday 23 March 2012 - Day 1 to Fitness

Started today with a 4.8km fast pace walk with my dog over the local Army training area. It's quite hilly so you can get a good sweat on. When I got home I completed the CrossFit workout called Grace. This consist's of 30 reps of Barbell Clean and Jerk at 62.5kg as fast as you can.

Here's a very impressive video from YouTube of someone completing the workout in 1 minute, 29 seconds.


Sadly my Grace time wasn't quite as quick as that. My time was 5:44. Not as quick as the video above but I'm pleased with that time as it is a 59 second knock off from my last time. 

Diet today wasn't great. I had the day off and my wife has the afternoon off so we met for lunch and went to a Chinese all you can eat buffet, but don't worry. As I said in my opening post I have been training and "dieting" for a while now and this day was planned. Today's meals consisted of;

Breakfast : Protein shake

Lunch : 4 chicken skewers with peanut satay sauce, stir fried sweet chilli mushrooms, 2x small pancake rolls, small portion of chilli noodles, stir fried vegetables and a diet coke.

Dinner :  1 quarter lime, chilli & coriander chicken (recipe to come), green beans,

So apart from some undesirables at lunch, not  a bad day all in all. I'm  not too worried about the food at lunch either, if there's one thing I've learned over the years is that some so called "bad food" is OK to have once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment